One Heart Committee: Advancing Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The One Heart: Advancing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Board Committee serves to amplify and integrate our existing efforts and is a catalyst for renewed focus on opportunities to do more as a community in living out our mission. We are committed to listening and learning as we further our understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The One Heart Committee and supporting Advisory group are comprised of diverse members of the Sacred Heart community including parents, faculty, staff, students, and alumnae; each member brings unique perspectives, expertise, and experiences.
Together, we are committed to increasing our community's awareness, understanding, inclusion, and celebration of all of its members. This will be accomplished through training, events, curriculum, and through the diversity of our student body and the composition of our faculty, staff, administration, and Trustees.
In order to further advance EDI, we have prioritized the following:
- Providing EDI training and development opportunities for our students, faculty, staff, and Trustees:
- to increase cultural awareness and sensitivities
- to build intercultural competency through professional development, and
- to develop skills to foster open and productive conversations that promote ally ship and anti-racism.
- Assessing our curriculum through the lens of enhancing inclusion, promoting diverse perspective and ensuring it cultivates a sense of belonging for all members of the community. Our goal is to stimulate the intellectual development of our girls in a way that is inclusive and allows each student to see his/her heritage in our classrooms and curriculum.
- Increasing diversity of student body and representation among our faculty, staff, administration, and Trustees.
- Understanding the student experience more fully, including engagement in extracurricular activities, satisfaction and success, and providing support that promotes these consistently for all members of the student body.
- Supporting EDI events and programming through our student and faculty diversity groups and Parents' Association.