Interested in playing for Sacred Heart Greenwich? We'd love to hear from you.
Varsity B Head Coach & 5/6 Advisor: Abdel El-Kettani
JV & MS 7/8 Head Coach: Brittany Robertson
MS 5/6 Head Coach: Caroline McInerney
Note from Varsity Head Coach Alex Gheorghe: The program progression has been increasingly successful over the past two previous seasons. In 2019, with an undefeated season record, first place in the FAA season and the team winning its first ever New England Class A Tournament title, the team proved to be one of the strongest in recent school history. In 2020, with COVID restrictions in place, we practiced and only participated in local scrimmages. 2020’s team graduated 4 outstanding seniors, 3 players went on to play Division 1 Field Hockey. The loss of these three top senior leaders and skilled hockey players made our ’21 season projection look like a rebuilding year. With a small roster in place after pre-season and only two seniors on the squad, the team took each and every game with incredible discipline and desire to succeed. The two senior captains took this team to new program achievements to date.
- Varsity A Field Hockey: Nationally Ranked in the Top 25 Teams in the Country-Max Field Hockey; Team Performance-Scoring over a 100 goals/less than 5 goals against; Western New England Class A Champion-undefeated in league play, 18-0 record; Fairchester Athletic Association Season Champion, undefeated 8-0; Fairchester Athletic Association Post-Season Tournament Champion; New England Class A Ranked First Place Post Season Tournament; Four D1 College Commitments currently playing; Two Current Players represented at the National Selection Camp; Four Athletes being recognized by Max Field Hockey in the Top 50 and the Top 100 in the Country
- Varsity B Field Hockey: Our team’s record was 7-1 this season; showcasing great team camaraderie.
- JV Field Hockey: Our team played exceptionally well this season earning a record of 8-2 and overall 2nd place in the FAA JV Tournament that was held at Sacred Heart.
- 7 / 8 Field Hockey: Our Field Hockey program is in great hands with our 7th and 8th graders. This team earned a record of 5-6-2 this fall season.
- 5 / 6 Field Hockey: Don’t count our 5th and 6th graders out! This team brought home a 2-3 record and played with heart in each game.
Sacred Heart Greenwich has a 154,800 square foot multi-purpose, synthetic outdoor playing surface, six hard-court tennis court, two natural grass fields, and a three-mile cross-country course.
The field hockey turf field was resurfaced in 2017 to install a new surface similar to those used at the collegiate and professional levels. The field hockey field is a water-based artificial turf that is blue in color to provide high visibility both on the field and for spectators. Prior to practices and games, high-pressure water cannons spray the field to produce an optimal playing surface that has less resistance between the ball and turf.
Athletes also have access to our 35,600 square foot athletic center designed for women’s sports which opened in September 2015. The facility includes three National Federation of State High School Associations regulation basketball and volleyball courts, six international singles squash courts, classrooms for health and physical education, a strength and conditioning room, a dance and yoga studio, and a sports medicine center in addition to locker rooms for home and visiting teams, a press box, and administrative offices.