Interested in playing for Sacred Heart Greenwich? We'd love to hear from you.
JV Head Coach: Abdel El-Kettani
7/8 Head Coach: Clara Ambrose
5/6 Head Coach: Caitlin Rooney
5/6 Assistant Coach: TBD
We had a large group of dedicated field hockey players during the 2019 - 2020 season in the Upper School, as we fielded three teams - Varsity A, Varsity B, and JV, as well as two solid middle school teams spanning 5th through 8th grades. Some practices even included scrimmages and mixed training between our MS and US teams - a sign of program cohesion and a focus on development. All teams saw success on and off the playing field, some unprecedented!
- Varsity A WON the New England Class A Field Hockey tournament after finishing the regular season 15-0, being crowned FAA Regular Season Champions (7-0 in FAA regular season play) and finishing 2nd in the FAA tournament! This is the first time since 2008 that we have won the FAA Regular Season, and the first time EVER for Sacred Heart to win a Class A NEPSAC tournament title.
- Varsity A also attended the first-ever Max Prep HS Field Hockey tournament in September where they had the opportunity to face a number of out-of-region teams and see a high level of competition. This trip was crucial in their ability to come together as a team and have a historic season down the back stretch of the fall.
- Varsity B was unbeaten - finishing the season with a 5-0-2 record and a number of additional wins in round robin play. For many of the athletes on this team, that is two years in a row not losing a game in their field hockey career at Sacred Heart!
- JV showed improvement throughout the fall, finishing with a winning season and a record of 6-2-2.
- 7/8 A Field Hockey was unbeaten - finishing with an 8-0-2 record!
- 5/6 Field Hockey had a great season, the first combining the two grades. These team saw improvement throughout each game, ending with a record of 2-3-1.
Sacred Heart Greenwich has a 154,800 square foot multi-purpose, synthetic outdoor playing surface, six hard-court tennis court, two natural grass fields, and a three-mile cross-country course.
The field hockey turf field was resurfaced in 2017 to install a new surface similar to those used at the collegiate and professional levels. The field hockey field is a water-based artificial turf that is blue in color to provide high visibility both on the field and for spectators. Prior to practices and games, high-pressure water cannons spray the field to produce an optimal playing surface that has less resistance between the ball and turf.
Athletes also have access to our 35,600 square foot athletic center designed for women’s sports which opened in September 2015. The facility includes three National Federation of State High School Associations regulation basketball and volleyball courts, six international singles squash courts, classrooms for health and physical education, a strength and conditioning room, a dance and yoga studio, and a sports medicine center in addition to locker rooms for home and visiting teams, a press box, and administrative offices.