In honor of Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne, the founder of the first Sacred Heart school in the United States, the Board of Trustees of Sacred Heart Greenwich has established the Rose Scholarship. St. Philippine was referred to as "Woman-Who-Prays-Always" and is honored as a pioneer, educator, risk taker, and woman of great faith and humility.
The Rose Scholarships are limited and awarded to incoming Middle School students. The Scholarship Committee considers applicants based on their excellence in academics, strength of character, and commitment to their faith. A merit scholarship of $10,000 awarded to qualified candidates during each of their years in both the Middle and Upper School at Sacred Heart Greenwich.
After all applications have been reviewed, finalists will receive an invitation to interview with the Scholarship Committees. While the Stuart Scholarship and Rose Scholarship are special opportunities for a few students, it does not change or replace the regular admissions and financial aid process. Families may apply for financial assistance in addition to these scholarships, although demonstrated need is not a required criterion for a Stuart or Rose Scholarship.
For more information and questions , please contact the Admission Office at 203.532.3534 or email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ROSE SCHOLARSHIP
For Applicants to Grades 5 - 8:
- Complete Application for Admission December 15
- Rose Scholarship form by December 15
- Rose Scholarship Essay must be submitted by January 15
- Recommendation Letter speaking to the applicant’s character, leadership, and spiritual life.
- Complete the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) by January 15
- Complete Student visit/Interview and Parent Interview by January
- Submit all supporting materials required for admission by January 15
Stuart Scholar Finalists notified and invited to meet with the Scholarship Committee.
Rose Scholar Finalist notified and invited to meet with the Scholarship Committee.
Admission and Scholarship notification date