Sacred Heart Greenwich, like many independent schools, uses the services of School and Student Services for Financial Aid, or SSS, to help in assessing need. 

The following information is required to apply for financial aid:

  • Parent Financial Statement (PFS) - You may complete the Parents’ Financial Statement online at Click on green “Apply Now” button to enter the PFS Online. DUE DATE FOR COMPLETING THE PFS IS JANUARY 15. If you have questions as you complete the PFS, contact SSS customer service at 800.344.8328.
  • All federal tax forms, including ALL schedules and W-2’s, and any applicable business returns. You may submit additional required documents in one of three ways:
    1. If you complete the PFS online, you will have access to the Manage Documents section of the PFS Online, where you can upload documents.
    2. If you wish to submit documents by mail directly to SSS, send them with a COVER SHEET (found at to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449.
    3. If you prefer to submit additional documentation directly to Sacred Heart Greenwich, please mail a copy (not the original) of each document to Convent of the Sacred Heart, Attn: Financial Aid Office, 1177 King Street, Greenwich, CT 06831.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency with green card (both student applicants and parents).


  • FEBRUARY 15 for new applicants
  • MARCH 1 for returning Sacred Heart families

The information you provide is kept confidential and shared only with the Financial Aid Committee. Financial Aid files are reviewed and allocations are made, only after a student is admitted. If a student is neither admitted nor placed in the wait pool, the financial aid file is shredded. 

Please contact the Financial Aid Office at or call 203.532.3534 if you have any questions.

Financial Aid FAQ

How is financial aid awarded?

Sacred Heart Greenwich is a member of The School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) which assists independent schools in determining a family’s financial need. The Report of Family Contribution (RFC) which is computed by SSS is reviewed by our Financial Aid Committee and serves as a guideline in making financial aid decisions. The RFC does not bind Sacred Heart to any specific award.

Who may apply for financial aid?

Anyone who has applied for admission to Sacred Heart Greenwich, kindergarten through Grade 12, plus any family whose daughter is currently enrolled. Exceptions for preschool and prekindergarten should be discussed with the Director of Financial Aid.

Does applying for financial aid influence the admission decision?

No. Sacred Heart Greenwich accepts students based on academic merit, test scores, and personal qualities. Financial aid files are reviewed, and awards made, only after a student is admitted. However, financial aid applications must be completed by the deadline for an award to be considered. If a student is neither admitted nor placed on the wait list, the financial aid file is shredded and destroyed.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Sacred Heart Greenwich requires that the family file a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), which is the official application provided by School and Student Service for Financial Aid. The PFS must be completed online at  In addition, Sacred Heart Greenwich requires a copy of the two most recent IRS 1040 tax forms, and all supporting schedules, plus W-2s and, if applicable, partnership/sole proprietorship and/or corporate returns. Proof of US citizenship or legal residency with a green card must also be provided. All supporting documentation may be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office at Sacred Heart Greenwich or uploaded to your online PFS.

All information related to the parents’ financial circumstances will be treated confidentially. These forms will only be used to arrive at a fair determination of financial need.

How is financial need determined?

Financial need is defined as the difference between what is costs to attend Sacred Heart Greenwich and a family’s ability to pay. The Report of Family Contribution is sent to Sacred Heart by SSS, and it provides the School with a general assessment of a family’s ability to pay for education. Major factors in determining financial need include, but are not limited to, income, assets (including home, equity, college funds, and investments), family size, and the number of children attending tuition-charging institutions, excluding daycare, preschool, and graduate school.

If parents are requesting financial aid for more than one student at Sacred Heart Greenwich, are there special instructions?

Parent need to file only one Parents’ Financial Statement. There is a place on the PFS where you can list all children’s names, including siblings who might be applying to any other independent school that uses SSS.

What happens if parents are divorced or separated?

Sacred Heart Greenwich believes that parents have an obligation to pay for the educational expenses of their children to the extent that they are able, which takes precedence over the School’s responsibility to provide financial assistance. The Financial Aid Committee will consider the assets of both natural parents, if living, before making an award, and cannot be bound by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed, legally or otherwise, any responsibility for educational expenses. If either parent has remarried, the Committee will also consider the income and assets of the stepparent, always bearing in mind the obligation of that stepparent to his or her own natural children. 

In view of this policy, it is necessary that both natural parents and their current spouses, if any, fill out separate PFS forms. If this information is not provided, the Financial Aid Committee will not be able to grant an award to the student.* 

*Waiving of Requirement: 
Waiving the requirement of the non-custodial parent will be considered under the following circumstances: Documented information is provided that states the location of the non-custodial parent is unknown or, documented information is provided that the non-custodial parent has given no support AND has had no contact with the family for at least two years. 

Documentation will be accepted from a doctor, lawyer, minister, or any such person outside the immediate family. If there are extenuating circumstances that might warrant waiving this requirement, written requests should be sent to the Director of Financial Aid.

My spouse does not work. How will that affect my financial aid award?

Since it is our belief that families bear the primary responsibility for financing the education of their children, it is our policy to expect both parents to contribute financially. There are circumstances such as caring for a disabled or elderly parent, or a preschool child that might exempt a family from this policy. Each application and circumstance is evaluated individually.

I never do my taxes until close to the April 15 deadline. How will this affect my financial aid award?

You will need to complete your taxes early enough to meet the deadline in order to receive a financial aid award. If you have questions regarding this policy or would like to further explain your situation, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

What if the financial aid award is not enough for my child to attend Sacred Heart Greenwich?

Sacred Heart Greenwich is committed to making a Sacred Heart education accessible to as many families as possible using the generous budget provided for tuition assistance. However, the primary responsibility of financing a student’s independent education rests with the family. Therefore, many families use a combination of financial aid awards, loans, payment plans, help from friends and relatives, and other resources to put together a financial package that is feasible for their family.

What payment plans are available?

Sacred Heart Greenwich offers three different payment plans: A one-time payment, a two-time payment in June and December, or a monthly installment plan that requires registration, and an annual enrollment fee. This monthly plan allows parents to spread tuition payments, interest-free, over a 10-month period. These options are fully explained when you are offered an enrollment contract.

Is help available with costs beyond tuition?

Each family receiving financial aid is also eligible for assistance from the Financial Aid Office Support Fund. Requests to cover additional expenses must be directed to the Financial Aid Office. Expense that may qualify for assistance include books, required school uniforms, transportation, field trips, school rings, and various grade level activities. In addition, assistance with the cost of the laptop, required for students enrolled in grades 5-12, is provided to families who qualify for financial aid. Items not covered are generally optional programs such as lunch and special after school programs.

Is it possible to appeal the financial aid award?

Yes. After receiving your award, you have 10 days to appeal the decision. Please write to the Financial Aid Committee explaining your appeal. Include any information that will help the committee to better understand your situation, such as detailed lists of monthly expenses or any information from the PFS form that you wish to explain more thoroughly.

Financial Aid

Sacred Heart Greenwich all-girls catholic private school admission