Check out this art from the Heart! Our Middle School Art and Theology teachers collaborated to create this art project for eighth grade students. These Middle Schoolers captured their personal reaction to the following quotes (see below) using Pointillism art techniques and writing personal statements.
- “Human beings have the same inviolable dignity.." Fratelli Tutti
- “Fraternity is an essential human quality." Pope Francis, World Day for Peace, 2013
- "Love is the fundamental and innate vocation of every human being." Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2392
- The school, affirming that all are created in the image and likeness of God, promotes the inherent dignity of the human person and strives for relationships characterized by inclusion and mutual respect. Goal 4, Criteria 1
- If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 1 John 4: 16,20
This project reflects the Living Our Mission's Education to Mission Committee, which seeks to provide richer opportunities to engage in one's faith life. Take a look at our Smug Mug gallery to view select pieces of artwork and read personal statements.