Dear Sacred Heart Greenwich parents,
Given the increase in COVID cases both nationally and locally and the potential impact of holiday travel and gatherings, Sacred Heart Greenwich had arranged for on-campus concierge testing services by Murphy Medical Associates to allow for accurate, timely, and convenient testing at a critical time when testing turnaround times will be significantly increased due to widespread demand. We are grateful to have had that resource as we planned for the start of the school year.
At this time and in response to recent concerns raised about the billing practices of Murphy Medical, Sacred Heart Greenwich has decided to pursue an alternative testing services provider for the required school-wide testing on Monday, November 30th. Sacred Heart Greenwich has communicated with Murphy Medical about this change, and they have agreed to expunge all personal and patient data provided in the Sacred Heart test registration process.
With support from educational and health experts at C-19 Safety First, Sacred Heart will transition to an FDA-approved, high-quality COVID-19 RT-PCR saliva-based testing protocol. In collaboration with Brooklyn-based laboratory Mirimus Labs, we will be able to accurately detect infection in both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals across our entire population.
This saliva-based PCR test is non-invasive and has similar reliability to the nasal pharyngeal test. Test result turn-around times by Mirimus Lab are anticipated within 48 hours of receipt at the lab. Due to the change in testing plans, Sacred Heart will underwrite all costs associated with the November 30th on-campus test.
Further information regarding the logistics for this on-campus testing will be shared in the coming days.
For planning purposes, the timeslot you originally selected for your son/daughter's testing will remain the same. If you missed the sign-up, the School will reach out to schedule a time for your son/daughter's testing. You may also choose to seek your own COVID-19 PCR test outside of the one provided by Sacred Heart. It must adhere to the protocol below before an individual is cleared to return to campus.
If an individual receives a positive COVID-19 test result, he/she will need to remain at home for 10 days and until symptoms have resolved. Remote learning/teaching access will be available until his/her return to school on a date to be determined after consultation with the nursing staff and his/her doctor's advice.
Sacred Heart Greenwich will evaluate future community PCR testing service options and pricing for our return to school in January 2021; further information will be provided when available. If you have any questions or concerns about our testing plans, please contact COVID@cshct.org.
We wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and appreciate your ongoing partnership as we strive to keep our community healthy and safe amidst evolving COVID-19 circumstances.
The Sacred Heart Greenwich Covid-19 Special Committee
Alternate Testing Procedure
- Test: Front nasal swab or saliva PCR test completed no earlier than November 30th from a lab in CT or NY.
- Results: Submit test results as an attachment to Sacred Heart at email@example.com and add your family name in the subject line.
- A negative test result must be received in writing and then approved by school nurse Heather Elken.
- Please note, results may be delayed beyond 48 hours from alternative outside providers given high test demand post-Thanksgiving.
- Members of our community will not be allowed to return to campus until a negative PCR test result is received and approved by the school nurse. Every attempt will be made to approve tests when received and by 12/4.
- Students and faculty/staff should remain at home and learn/teach remotely until notified they may return to school.