Sacred Heart Greenwich, founded in 1848, is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women from kindergarten through grade 12, with a coed early childhood education program.
Sacred Heart, steeped in a solid academic tradition, educates women to have independence of judgment, personal freedom, and strength of character so that they can become leaders with broad intellectual and spiritual horizons.
The school welcomes students of all races, socioeconomic backgrounds, and religious beliefs. True to its international heritage, the school provides students with experiences of diversity.
Cultivating prophetic leaders is a compelling commitment of our education, and the entire school community, and as a member of the Sacred Heart Network of Schools, it is dedicated to the Goals and Criteria:
- A personal and active faith in God
- A deep respect for intellectual values
- A social awareness which impels to action
- The building of community as a Christian value
- Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
Revised and approved by the Board of Trustees, September 29, 2014.
In the Goals and Criteria, the Society of the Sacred Heart defines the mission of the School as part of the Society's educational mission in the Catholic Church.
Each school is accountable to the Society through the Sacred Heart Commission on Goals for adherence to theGoals and Criteria.
Each school's Board of Trustees and Administration establishes and upholds policies that are consistent with theGoals and Criteria.
The School allocates its resources to support each Goal and its Criteria.
The School is in compliance with professional standards as stated by accrediting agencies.
- Goal I: Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a personal and active faith in God.
- Goal 2: Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a deep respect for intellectual values.
- Goal 3: Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a social awareness which impels to action.
- Goal 4: Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to the building of community as a Christian value.
- Goal 5: Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.